Prompt Care statement to staff regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
Updated as at: Friday, 28th of August 2020 at 6:30pm
You may be aware of the recent spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) across the world. The Australian Government has advised that while the number of cases of COVID-19 is currently small in Australia, it is possible that this situation could change at any time.
As an Aged Care Provider supporting vulnerable members of the community, Prompt Care is taking steps to ensure we are properly prepared for this scenario.
Our priority is ensuring the management of the risks associated with COVID-19 within our community. This is inclusive of clients, their family members, staff, and contractors.
Prompt Care needs your help to effectively and quickly manage any risks associated with COVID-19 in our community.
We request that you check Prompt Care’s COVID-19 requirements below and strictly comply with them.
On current advice from the Department of Health, Prompt Care considers that you are at highest risk if you have travelled overseas recently. Prompt Care is observing the following policy:
- If you have returned to Australia from another country in the past 30 days, you MUST isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of return.
- If you have reason to believe, or know with certainty that you have had a case of COVID-19, you MUST inform Prompt Care immediately.
- If you have reason to believe, or know with certainty that you have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, you MUST isolate yourself for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
- If somebody who you have been in close contact with, and/or co-reside with has returned from another country in the last 30 days, you MUST also inform Prompt Care of the details of that person's travel.
- In addition, if you, somebody you have had close contact with, and/or co-reside with, have/has been unwell in the past 14 days you MUST inform Prompt Care of the symptoms.
- If you are not currently affected by any of the above circumstances but become affected at a later date, you MUST inform Prompt Care immediately.
The official health advice around COVID-19 continues to be updated regularly. Prompt Care will be in contact again with any further updates in due course.
As always, Prompt Care’s Resource Centre is happy to take any calls with enquiries you might have. You can phone us on 1800 472 273.
Please click through each page of this form and respond to all questions truthfully and completely. If you have any problems completing the form, please phone us on 1800 472 273.